True Blue Lead Scholarship
True Blue LEADership Program
TrueBlue LEAD [Leadership. Engagement. And. Development] is a scholarship and leadership development program focused on supporting the Tulsa Community College (TCC) community. TBL leaders enhance student success by engaging with current and incoming TCC students and supporting a variety of TCC and community events.
TCC Student Life seeks enthusiastic, outgoing, and knowledgeable students who represent the BEST Tulsa Community College has to offer. The TCC TrueBlue LEAD (TBL) students support TCC’s mission and collaborate with departments and schools college-wide. TrueBlue LEAD students serve as facilitators, hosts, and resources for students in a multitude of capacities.
First-time entering, transferring, or continuing education students are eligible for this one-year scholarship. TCC TRUE BLUE LEADers must be enrolled in at least 6 hours of course work at Tulsa Community College each semester and be in good academic and disciplinary standing with at least a cumulative 2.5 minimum GPA (or 2.5 high school GPA for first-time entering). In addition, TCC TRUE BLUE LEADers should meet or exceed the following qualifications:
• Exhibit commitment to the mission of Tulsa Community College
• Exhibit leadership skills and be willing to take initiative
• Possess the following qualities: responsibility, motivation, problem-solving, creativity, and a positive attitude
• Good interpersonal and group presentation skills
• Ability to work with a diverse team
• Be supportive of other team members and Student Life
As a True Blue student, you will be trained on TCC’s programs, processes, and general college knowledge. Attend training sessions to gain leadership skills that will assist them in leading orientation sessions and other programs. This is a great opportunity for students to gain leadership experience, as well as personal growth and development.
To apply for the True Blue L.E.A.D. scholarship will complete the following:
• True Blue L.E.A.D. application (Foundations General application, then apply to questions for TBL)
• 2 Letters of Recommendation
• Interview process which consists of individual/group interviews and an uploaded YouTube video
Requirements for YouTube Video:
• Why do you want to be in TBL?
• Introduce yourself
• 90 seconds long