Peer Health Educator
The Peer Health Educator Program (PHEP) is part of the Wellness Services department. The primary role of a Peer Health Educator is to develop and implement health education and awareness programs with the goal of improving the long-term healthy behaviors of TCC students. Health education topics include stress management, healthy sleep habits, mental health, sexual health, alcohol and drug prevention, suicide prevention, healthy relationships and more. Peer Health Educators will go into classes, student group meetings, and more to extend their reach across the college.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Complete Certified Peer Educator Training, Suicide Prevention Training, and other trainings that are deemed necessary
• Attend monthly Student Wellness Advisory Board meetings
• Attend bi-weekly PHEP Team meetings
• Research, plan and develop health education programs incorporating various learning styles and formats (ex: group discussion, lecture, etc.)
• Design promotional materials for health awareness events and educational opportunities
• Present health education programs to student groups and classes (ex: College Success)
• Assist in the development and implementation of various health awareness days/weeks
• Participate in special events or programs sponsored by Wellness Services
• Promote health and wellness programs across campus via social media and other platforms
• Create and manage health and wellness projects from start to finish
• Gather and monitor accurate data for all programs, workshops, and events
• Confidently refer students to appropriate campus resources as needed
• Lead student wellness initiatives
• Collaborate with student organizations, campus departments, or Tulsa community agencies
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Current TCC student
• Must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
• Interested in health and wellness
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
• Must be in good conduct standing with TCC
• Support the goals, expectations, and mission of Wellness Services and Tulsa Community College
• Be able to commit approximately 3 hours per week
Thank you for your interest in the Peer Health Educator position in Wellness Services. If you have any questions, please email Randii Harrald at email@example.com.
- Up to $2,000 of tuition only, per semester.
- Supplemental Questions
- How did you find out about Peer Health Educators?
- Insert a YouTube link to a 90 second video of Introducing yourself and explaining why you are interested in becoming a Peer Health Educator.
- Please select your area of interest within health and wellness.
- Please list any skills, strengths, and/or experiences which you believe qualify you to be a Peer Health Educator.
- Please list other activities and/or organizations you will be involved with outside of Peer Health Educators this semester.
- What are you hoping to gain from your time as a Peer Health Educator?
- If you could change one thing about TCC what would it be and why?
- Show 2 more